We are looking for a strong leader who will support the team in allocating, managing and progressing workloads, whilst also coaching and mentoring them to maximise success.
As Software Development Manager, you will help guide the development and maintenance of our .NET and Cloud applications to support business needs and ensure that all developers in the organisation are adhering to the agreed software development procedures and coding standards. Our Development Team works remotely. You will work with the team to increase productivity and provide excellent customer service to both our internal and external customers.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer with management experience who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
This is a Full Time position in our Development team, please use Reference DEV0122 when making your application.
- Working with the Technical Director to ensure that the team provide high quality and relevant development services to our customers
- Controlling and coordinating staffing levels on a day-to-day basis
- Onboarding and recruiting new team members
- Mentoring and coaching the team and giving regular and honest feedback to enable team members to be better at their work
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that quality and improvement initiatives are achieved
- Working with the Technical Director to identify resource requirements, goals or new working practices to improve services to customers
- Working with the Technical Director to effectively manage the team’s performance, conducting regular one to ones' and appraisals
- Reporting issues to the Technical Director
- Delivering to deadlines on software releases
- Maintaining quality standards across the Team
- Maintaining a positive team environment and keeping morale high in the Team
- Coordinating workloads
- Providing help and advice to the Support Team
- Ticket management and scheduling
- Stakeholder engagement with senior management and other business areas
- Working closely with other parties (Support, Implementations, Customers, Product Owner) to finalise specifications and quotations for new bespoke work
- Designing and coding software in line with quality standards
- Delivering work on time, tested and complete, in line with the specification and due dates set by the customer, including informing of changes to any agreed time frames
- Maintaining up to date skills and knowledge necessary to perform the role
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in a computing related field
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience in managing people in a development environment
- Demonstrable experience in web development
- The ability to inspire a team by setting goals and leading by example
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to ensure work is completed on time and to the required standard
- Excellent at communication and relationship building
- Coaching and mentoring, willing to share knowledge and encourage team and individual growth
- Microsoft certified
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, JS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSRS, SSIS,SSAS)
- C# .Net
- Analytical / Problem solving
- Visual Studio
- MVC pattern
- Good knowledge of T-SQL
At WinMan we are both the authors and distributors of a highly scalable and class leading ERP business solution for a broad range of manufacturing, retail, and distribution companies. WinMan is our core product designed to be feature rich, affordable and configurable. WinMan Cloud is our fully integrated Cloud ERP platform, with a wide-ranging set of features.
We have an extensive user base in the UK, USA and around the world.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, offering competitive salary, a generous benefit package and the opportunity for flexible working.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
If you are interested in developing your ERP career and feel you are a suitable candidate for this role, please apply below with a cover letter and CV.