The primary role of the Support Desk Analyst based in the Birmingham office is to answer or resolve queries from the customer base that directly concern the operations of the Customer's WinMan system in a timely fashion.
- Identifying and logging new customer queries/issues and correspondence on existing cases.
- Answering the Support Desk telephone where possible.
- Identifying new case / query priority and assigning resources accordingly.
- Managing own workload via support cases and emails to ensure satisfactory outcomes for the customer.
- Promoting self-ownership of individual cases to enable one query – one contact operation.
- Managing individual cases to ensure satisfactory outcomes for the customer.
- Maintaining up to date skills / knowledge sets necessary to support the WinMan product.
- Adherence to start time / lunch hour / holiday constraints necessary to ensure adequate support desk staffing levels.
- Liaising with other departments (development and implementations) to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Identify any issue with base software and report accurately nature of issue to the technical department for resolution.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent working experience.
- Computer literate, with proficiently in Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal communication and telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- High level of computer literacy.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Working knowledge of T-SQL.
- A professional manner when dealing with all customers via all means.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Manufacturing background.
Why work for us?
WinMan offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package that includes the below and more:
- A highly competitive salary and bonus offering.
- 22 days holiday, increasing to 25 days after 3 years continuous service.
- Company Long Service Reward.
- Access hundreds of discounts and freebies from leading brands. Make savings in all areas of life, from food and drink to travel.
- Death in service benefit.
- Pension benefits and employer contributions.
- Free car parking.
- Good working environment.
- Free drinks and fruit.
If you feel you are suitable candidate for this role or would like more information, please apply below with a cover letter and CV.
Candidates who are also looking for the next step in their career will also be considered, as we are continuously looking for talented people to join us.