We are looking for an individual who has excellent communication skills and has the ability to convey factual information clearly and concisely.
Based in the Birmingham office, as a Technical Author you will be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation for software products developed in house. .
The product guides and user manuals would be published using various media, including, but not limited to, videos, slide shows or articles for an internal CMS. The documentation should cater to a variety of audiences, internal, external, technical and non-technical users.
The position will also involve the delivery of training to customers and internal staff at the head-office in Birmingham and will involve working closely with our developers.
- To develop and maintain all technical documentation for the WinMan product;
- To obtain a thorough understanding of the WinMan product, the target audiences and the documentation required by collaborating with colleagues in various departments;
- To assist colleagues with any questions they may have on the WinMan product;
- To ensure that our technical concepts are communicated clearly, accurately, and as comprehensively as possible in accordance with the company standards.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- A-Levels or equivalent.
- Technical authoring and documentation experience, ideally in ERP.
- Knowledge of tools and systems used to produce and publish documentation using a CMS.
- Superb presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language.
- Ability to grow and learn within the role and a commitment to help colleagues.
- An accurate and methodical approach with an eye for detail.
- Must be organised and able to work to project deadlines.
- Degree or equivalent preferably in a computer related or technical subject.
- A basic understanding of concepts surrounding the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL
WinMan is a dynamic, expanding software and services company providing a comprehensive mission critical ERP package used by thousands of people every day around the world to run their businesses.
Why work for us?
WinMan offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package that includes the below and more:
- A highly competitive salary and bonus offering.
- 22 days holiday, increasing to 25 days after 3 years continuous service.
- Company Long Service Reward.
- Access hundreds of discounts and freebies from leading brands. Make savings in all areas of life, from food and drink to travel.
- Death in service benefit.
- Pension benefits and employer contributions.
- Free car parking.
- Good working environment.
- Free drinks and fruit.
If you are interested in developing your ERP career and feel you are a suitable candidate for this role, please apply below with a cover letter and CV.